|Translation, proofreading & SEO|
Dina Awadallah is a native Arabic speaker of Egyptian origin and she can speak English fluently. Her language capabilities, education and experience guarantee that she always offers a reliable, high-quality service that meets your demands.
Dina has worked for several years as an employed full-time editor, translator and Arabic Search Specialist before deciding that the time has come to set up her own freelance business. She is committed to developing her existing language capabilities and knowledge through continuing professional development.
Please read a brief timeline of Dina's experience below, and contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for a full CV.
* In 2001, Dina graduated in the Faculty of Commerce (The English Section), Cairo University, Egypt with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. (This degree has helped Dina greatly in translating commercial and marketing-related material)
* In 2001, Dina started her career as an Advertising Account Executive, working for a well-established advertising agency in Cairo, Egypt. Her work entailed translating, copy-writing and copy-editing marketing and advertising-related material.
* In 2002, Dina set up an e-commerce website with her family in Egypt. She has worked on the day-to-day running of the website until 2004. She also created the website newsletter, which she's still responsible for until now. Dina also applies some SEO techniques to drive traffic to the website.
* In 2004, Dina was hired as a Senior Editor, working for an international online news organisation. Her work involved editing, writing and translating (English to Arabic and vice versa) news stories and review articles covering a wide range of subjects related to the Middle East.
* In 2005, Dina moved to the UK, where she continued her work in the online news environment.
* In 2007, Dina was promoted to Chief Editor, leading a team responsible for a global news network with more than 500,000 daily readers. She managed the content plan of 19 Arabic and English websites covering politics, business and finance in the Middle East as well as entertainment. She translated the content of several websites, from English into Arabic and vice versa, edited, reviewed and proofread articles and news stories, assigned stories to editors and commissioned freelance contributors.
* In 2010, Dina was hired as an Online Researcher by a reputable multilingual Search Engine Optimisation company in the UK, where she continues to gain extensive experience on Search Engine Optimisation techniques. She uses her language capabilities to handle several projects with well-known, established organisations in the UK. Her job entails Content Optimisation, Ad text creation, keyword research, link building, article and directory submissions, as well as editing, proofreading and translation services (English-Arabic).
* In 2011, Dina decided to set up her own business. TransProof was later established, allowing Dina to meet clients from different parts of the world and help them to convey a better message to their audiences. Besides running TransProof, Dina also donates a considerable amount of her time volunteering as a translator/editor for a number of charities and humanitarian organisations.